Filmmaker Mimi Chakarova’s documentary “The Price of Sex” premieres today (April 11) on the Documentary Channel. Chakarova, who grew up in Bulgaria, has spent the past seven years working on the documentary, photographing and interviewing women who were sold into sex work in eastern and western Europe. Chakarova even went so far as to allow a pimp to price her for prostitution. The documentary poses questions about human trafficking, and attempts to provide answers to human trafficking’s success and what is standing in the way of our attempt to end the practice. All of the stories are heartbreaking. A short article on her documentary can be found here: http://thecnnfreedomproject.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/23/undercover-filmmaker-trafficker-priced-me-up/ and her website is http://priceofsex.org.
One Response to “A Different Kind of Slavery”
Leave a Reply
Email AlertsEnter your email to be notified of new posts.
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles: Legitimate Weapon Systems or Unlawful Angels of Death?
- A Spectrum of International Criminal Procedure: Shifting Patterns of Power Distribution in International Criminal Courts and Tribunals
- Justice or Peace? A Proposal for Resolving the Dilemma
- Excuses, Justifications, and Duress at the International Criminal Tribunals
- Raped by the System: A Comparison of Prison Rape in the United States and South Africa
- Recognizing Education Rights in India and the United States: All Roads Lead to the Courts?
- Norway’s Companies Act: A 10-Year Look at Gender Equality
- Corporate Governance Sex Regimes: Peripheral Thoughts from Across the Atlantic
- Natures Garden Soap Making Supplies on Human Baby Organ Trafficking
- Henry Bruen Jr on SEC awards $30 million to foreign whistleblower.
- Jake Sher on State Dinners & Summons: Mr. Modi’s Trip to New York
- 'Genocide': Desensitized To The Term on Is Preventing Genocide Possible?
- Paul Artemou on You Can Speak Up, But It Will Cost You
Like Us On
Pace Research Guides
- ASIL Insights
- Case of Eweida
- CCJHR Blog
- China Law Blog
- Chinese Law Professors Blog
- CIPS Blog
- Daniel W. Drezner
- ECHR Blog
- EJIL: Talk!
- Embassy Law Blog
- Fox News Article Link
- FP Passport
- Human Rights and Public Law
- International Econ & Policy Blog
- International Law Professors Blog
- International Law Reporter
- IntLawGrrls Discontinued as of 12/13/12.
- IntLawGrrls Revived
- ISIS militants unleash horrific justice on innocents in the form of beheadings, amputations and public beatings: UN report
- JD Supra
- Kluwer Abritration Blog
- Opinio Juris
- PhD Studies in Human Rights William A. Schabas
- The Cyrus R. Vance Center for International Justice
- UN Dispatch
- Dean Yassky speaks with NPR about new partnership with College of St. Rose
- Welcome to our newest class!
- Prof. Gershman calls for release of transcripts in Staten Island grand jury case
- Dean Yassky discusses the value of a legal education
- Prof. Estrin comments on actions of law firm representing fracking company
- Prof. David Cassuto comments on legal case brought by Nonhuman Rights Project
- Appearing on Huff Post Live, Prof. Lissa Griffin questions the role of grand juries
- Prof. Mushlin’s innovative course spotlighted on legal blog
- Prof. Randolph McLaughlin comments on Ferguson case