Filmmaker Mimi Chakarova’s documentary “The Price of Sex” premieres today (April 11) on the Documentary Channel. Chakarova, who grew up in Bulgaria, has spent the past seven years working on the documentary, photographing and interviewing women who were sold into sex work in eastern and western Europe. Chakarova even went so far as to allow a pimp to price her for prostitution. The documentary poses questions about human trafficking, and attempts to provide answers to human trafficking’s success and what is standing in the way of our attempt to end the practice. All of the stories are heartbreaking. A short article on her documentary can be found here: http://thecnnfreedomproject.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/23/undercover-filmmaker-trafficker-priced-me-up/ and her website is http://priceofsex.org.
One Response to “A Different Kind of Slavery”
Leave a Reply
Email AlertsEnter your email to be notified of new posts.
- The Best Interests of the Child?: The Cultural Defense As Justification for Child Abuse
- ASEAN IP Harmonization: Striking the Delicate Balance
- Guarding International Borders Against HIV: A Comparative Study in Futility
- The State of Israel's Constitution; A Comparison of Civilized Nations
- Imitation May Not Always Be the Sincerest Form of Flattery: Why Color Wars in the United States and Europe May Result in Brand Dilution and Color Depletion
- Contract in My Soup: Chinese Contract Formation and Ritual Eating and Drunkenness
- Albert H. Kritzer, the 1980 UN Convention (CISG), and the Vis Moot: An Inseparable Relationship
- United States-India Relations: Reconciling the H-1B Visa Hike and Framework for Cooperation on Trade and Investment
- Marissa Koerner on Trouble Tracing
- Marissa Koerner on Parrillo v. Italy: Embryos, mere pieces of property or are they more?
- Danielle Sullivan on I Spy With My Little Eye….East Timor?
- Danielle Sullivan on ICC finds Katanga guilty, chalking up their second conviction.
- amandaibrahim on Illegal Search
Like Us On
Pace Research Guides
- ASIL Insights
- Case of Eweida
- CCJHR Blog
- China Law Blog
- Chinese Law Professors Blog
- CIPS Blog
- Daniel W. Drezner
- ECHR Blog
- EJIL: Talk!
- Embassy Law Blog
- Fox News Article Link
- FP Passport
- Human Rights and Public Law
- International Econ & Policy Blog
- International Law Professors Blog
- International Law Reporter
- IntLawGrrls Discontinued as of 12/13/12.
- IntLawGrrls Revived
- Kluwer Abritration Blog
- Opinio Juris
- PhD Studies in Human Rights William A. Schabas
- The Cyrus R. Vance Center for International Justice
- UN Dispatch
- Prof. Griffin appointed to International Advisory Panel in Scotland
- Prof. Mushlin submits testimony to Senate Judiciary Subcommittee
- Daily News columnist quotes Prof. Gershman regarding Brooklyn DA’s office
- In Huffington Post column, Prof. Gershman asks if it is prosecutorial “discretion” or “nullification”?
- David Yassky Named Dean of Pace Law School
- New York Times quotes Prof. Randolph McLaughlin on efforts to build affordable housing in Chappaqua
- Prof. Ann Bartow comments on this year’s recipient of the Ruth Bader Ginsburg Lifetime Achievement Award
- Don Bosco Workers Inc. announce partnership with Neighborhood Justice Clinic
- Christian Science Monitor quotes Prof. Cassuto about California drought
- Energy and Climate Center attorney Andrea Cerbin comments on settlement with ConEd